Call for an Editor-In-Chief
Thenewfederalist.eu is looking for a new editor-in-chief !
This is a voluntary, internal JEF Europe position
Thenewfederalist.eu (TNF), the magazine on line of JEF Europe, is currently looking for a new energetic and committed editor-in-chief on voluntary basis. TNF is the one and only webzine of JEF Europe and is unique in a sense that it is completely voluntary based and has 5 versions, each in a different language (English, German, French, Spanish and Italian). TNF has won in 2012 the European Citizen’s Prize and has more than 8.000 English articles online. Every month, around 200 000 visitors are reading our articles in five languages!
The editor-in-chief is responsible for:
- Developing and publishing the monthly Call for Articles that denotes the overall editorial direction for the month reflecting current affairs and the federalist perspective
- Developing, encouraging and growing the Editorial Team of volunteers working for the TNF
- Suggesting, receiving, evaluating and ultimately publishing articles from the pool of writers and other contributors as well as enhancing the pool of writers
- Collaborating with the other linguistic editions of the TNF on joint projects and articles wherever possible/relevant
- Working with the webmaster and secure publications of articles (a traditional average of 10-13/month)
- Performing a final check of checking the facts, plagiarism, spellings, grammar, writing style, design pages, photos following the proof reading
- Developing and growing partnerships with other online and print media, associations and partners
While some experience is valuable, it’s all about who you are. If...
- you are flexible;
- you are open-minded
- you have an eye for details;
- you enjoy working in multicultural teams;
- you are interested in EU affairs and Federalism (of course!);
Then you are surely our next Editor-in-chief!
What will you learn? Why would you embark in this crazy challenge?
- Work on the strategic direction of the webzine - be a leader and realize your ideas!
- Work together in a small team within TNF yet be part of one of the largest political youth organizations JEF Europe;
- Possibility to exercise leadership skills and management while managing the writers, journalists and translators;
- Professional skills thanks to a fun and challenging voluntary experience;
- Work closely with the Executive Board of JEF Europe and gain insight into the brain of a large pan-European NGO;
- Have the possibility to attend JEF or YFJ trainings, seminars on related topics;
- Gain media contacts at the European level and access to our media partner EurActiv;
- Join JEF Europe at its Federal Committee meetings at a reduced rate!
The position has a term of 2 years.
Interested? Please email JEF Europe Secretary General, Valentin Dupouey at email@example.com before the 20th August 2017 23:59 CET, with your CV and a motivation letter. Any previous experience in article editing would be helpful but definitely not essential.