Join JEF Europe secretariat team at our headquarters in Brussels!
Call for EVS at JEF Europe
JEF Europe is looking for an EVS volunteer to start in September 2017 for a period of one year.
The opening of this position is subject to the success of our EVS project application, which will be submitted on April 26th. Results will be known in June.
JEF Europe and JEF Belgium are joining forces to offer a unique opportunity to a young volunteer (18-30 years old) to work for one year for a European wide network of associations. The chosen volunteer will be in charge, with the support of JEF staff and volunteer, of implementing JEF Belgium activities and to support the development of JEF Europe members.
To know more about the process, check our 'How to EVS' doc.
As a volunteer, what will you do?
- Organise local projects with JEF Belgium (debates, intervention in schools conferences, world café) and implement them with the support of JEF Belgium
- Support the development of JEF sections in 32 countries by supporting the organisation of trainings, of writing toolkits, of developing interactions and exchange between JEF Europe’s members
- Take part in the daily life of JEF Europe and JEF Belgium
- Propose and develop your own projects
What will you learn?
- Project and event management skills
- Intercultural, communication and teamwork competences
- Strong knowledge of the youth NGO sector
- Knowledge about the Erasmus+ programme
What are the requirements?
- Being between 18-30 years old
- Being a resident of an Erasmus+ programme or partner country neighbouring the EU
- Showing strong interest for the mission and actions of JEF Europe and for active European citizenship in general
- Accommodation, meals and local transportation covered
- Pocket money
- Travels in Belgium and Europe
- Based in JEF Europe office, at the heart of the European quarter in Brussels
- A friendly and flexible work environment, an intercultural team of young workers
How to apply?
Send a CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com stating your motivations and your understanding of the organisation and proposed activities before April 15th 23:59 CET. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and Skype interviews might be offer soon after you sent your application. Please do not forget to include your Skype name in the email. Note that this position is dependent on European funding. We will know the result of our application by the end of June.
At the application stage, candidates are expected to already have contacted a sending organisation.
Please mention “EVS 2017 - Name” in the subject line.