-- Read the entire call --
17th to 20th of October 2019.
The training will start on Thursday at 14:00 and will end around 13:00 on Sunday.
About the Training
This Regional School is a 4-day seminar aiming to bring together participants from all over Europe, especially from Germany and the neighbouring region.
The training will involve between 16-18 participants interested in journalism and the media (youth activists, youth leaders, journalism and media students, early career journalists, young volunteers in the sphere of media literacy...) who will be trained to develop skills and gain awareness in the context of media literacy and critical thinking. The participants will not only improve their understanding of the media landscape in Europe, but they will also be able to develop media making skills, allowing them to produce media materials as part of an information campaign on media literacy and critical thinking.
The training will be organised in cooperation with The New Federalist, JEF Europe’s English-speaking online magazine, that also counts with special printed issues. The training will give participants the possibility to contribute to TNF as content creators and translators.
The participants will be selected by JEF Europe according to gender balance, geographical balance, and their motivation to engage in producing media content. There will be a participation fee of 50€ per participant.
-- Read the entire call and apply by September 16th --
How will we work?
The methodological approach of the seminar will ensure that the principles of non-formal education are fully respected. This means that the participants will be offered possibilities to fully engage in planning and achieving their learning through various experiential processes, small group work, expert input and open debates.
Related to the inputs provided by external speakers, JEF Europe and its partners will ensure that the speakers who will come to address the participants with their expert input will be very experienced and able to engage youth in active and meaningful dialogue.
- To provide a better understanding of the media landscape covering European affairs and information from an European perspective.
- To develop critical thinking skills and competences of youth activists so that they become actively engaged in youth media making.
- To encourage participants to create media content on issues of media literacy and critical thinking.
- To develop basic media-making skills and introduce participants into the different ways in which they can get involved in media-making (content, formats, channels, media outlets…).
- To produce media materials as part of an information campaign on media literacy and critical thinking.
- Interested in media and content creation, as well as the topic of media literacy and disinformation.
- Basic competences of digital communication tools and media (eg. good writing skills, social media skills, knowledge of photography and video editing, wordpress, podcast production, website design...)
- Some knowledge and/or experience in journalism and content creation is preferred but not required.
- Fluency in English.
- Over 18 years old.
- Coming from one of the countries of the Council of Europe. Participants residing in countries of the neighbouring region are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Availability to fully participate in the training course (October 17th-20th).
- There is a participation fee of 50 euros, that will cover accommodation costs, full board (from dinner on Thursday to lunch on Sunday), and all the materials required for the training.
- JEF Europe will refund up to 80% of the travel costs, up to a maximum of 150€.
- JEF Europe can provide invitation letters for the participants requiring a visa. However, visa costs are to be borne by the participants themselves.
Important: do not book your ticket and/or pay the participation fee before you receive a confirmation email regarding your selection.
You can apply through this Google Form
The deadline for applying is the 16th of September. Successful applicants will be contacted by the 18th of September.
For any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org