JEF Europe - Young European Federalists is recruiting an Administration-Project Officer for the European Secretariat of the organisation in Brussels.
- coordination of admin and finance work with Secretary-General
- support in organising project logistics with Project Officers
- communication with JEFers regarding logistics for Statutory Events (FC, Congress)
Project management tasks:
- Coordination of projects/campaigns with other staff members and Executive Board members of JEF Europe
- project coordination of activities part of admin grant and other activities of JEF Europe
Working time of 38 hours per week. Work during weekends may occur whenever necessary with time off in lieu as compensation. The position requires travels in Europe several times during the year.
Type of contract and salary:
- Fixed term contract of 12 months under Belgian law (additional private medical insurance) - possibility to prolong the contract
- Approx. 1.600 € netto per month
- Monthly ticket for public transport in Brussels + travel reimbursements when travelling for JEF Europe
Application procedure and agenda:
- Send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com, please note that the applications of the candidates will be checked on rolling basis
- Please use the subject line “Admin-Project Officer 2020”
- Successful candidates will be invited for an online interview
- All applicants should have the right to live and work in Belgium.
- The selected candidate would start as soon as possible
- Minimum a bachelor degree or equivalent relevant professional experience
- Fluent in English and French
- Previous working experience in a CSO with Project Management would be considered as an asset
- Interest in developing skills in management of an international youth organisation and project implementation in an international youth organisation
Professional and technical competencies:
- Good knowledge of all Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), collaborative work tools (Skype, Google docs, Trello, etc.).
Personal attributes and values:
- You work in a very precise and organized way
- You are capable of taking initiative and finding solutions to challenges
- You can work in a team as well as on your own and learn quickly
- You feel comfortable in an international and multicultural environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very good organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of JEF Europe’s vision, mission and projects
- Experience of volunteering or working in youth NGOs