The Training for organisers of “Shape Europe” hackathons is one of the activities as part of the Y-FED project organised by the Youth of European Nationalities (YEN) with the support of Young European Federalists (JEF Europe). It will take place in Berlin between 19-22 March 2020, gathering 20 participants from Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Latvia and other European countries.
The objectives are to:
- Develop the skills of 20 young people to implement 5 “Shape Europe” hackathons at the national level.
- Create a non-formal education space for young people to develop skills in organising activities as part of a large-scale European project.
- Develop competencies of young people towards ensuring that the local activities they will organise will be accessible and inclusive to diverse groups.
The training will be delivered by 3 trainers using non-formal education methods supported by an expert in the hackathon organisation.
About the project
The project “Y-FED: Europe is what we make of it” aims to bring the EU closer to its young citizens by developing a proposal for an improved institutional framework of the Union in line with the European Youth Goals. The initiative, supported by an Erasmus+ “European Youth Together” grant, is implemented between January 2019 and July 2021 through a series of capacity-building training courses, public policy hackathons, a large-scale simulation of a reformed EU and advocacy actions. The project partners comprise 18 civil society organisations as well as 2 networks of European and regional decision-makers.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Residents in Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Malta, North Macedonia, Poland, Slovenia and Spain. Applicants from Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Italy and Latvia affiliated with JEF, YEN and Balkans Beyond Borders will be prioritised in the selection due to the organisation of the 5 “Shape Europe” Hackathons in those countries as part of the Y-FED project.
- Age 18-30.
- Motivated to organise or support a “Shape Europe” hackathon in Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Latvia or Italy in the period between May and August 2020.
- Able to communicate and work in English.
- Having a previous civil society experience, including volunteering.
Participation fee: €20
The amount covers:
- Accommodation between 19 March (check-in) and 22 March (check out).
- Meals from Thursday dinner until Sunday lunch.
If selected, you will receive information about the payment of the participation fee. Group leaders (5) from Belgium, Croatia, Greece, Italy and Latvia affiliated with JEF, YEN and Balkans Beyond Borders will be exempted from the participation fee. They will be selected by the organizers based on the quality of their application and motivation to organize “Shape Europe” Hackathons.
Participants who have been confirmed and have paid their participation fee, but cancel their participation on 1 March the latest will receive 50% of their participation fee back. Cancellations after this date are not refundable.
Travel cost reimbursement
- Reimbursement of travel costs to and from the event up to €150 per person. This amount may be increased depending on the overall travel costs of all participants.
- To be eligible for reimbursement, you have to arrive in Berlin from your country of residence no earlier than 18 March and return to the same country of residence no later than 23 March.
- YEN will only proceed with travel reimbursement by bank transfer and after receiving a signed reimbursement form together with all original travel documents after the training by post.
Please don’t book your tickets before you receive an email confirmation regarding your selection.
Participation in all sessions is compulsory; in the case of absence, we may apply a penalty on the travel reimbursement.
Programme and infokit
- 19/03 - arrivals after lunch, orientation, dinner
- 20-21/03 - core sessions
- 22/03 - evaluation & closing, departures after lunch
The detailed programme of the training and an infokit will be sent to the participants after their selection.
Apply here by Sunday, 23 February 2020 (23:59 CEST)
For any inquiries, please contact us
Youth of European Nationalities / Jugend Europäischer Volksgruppen
Phone: +49 17631779414