Call for hosting section: XXV European Congress
The host section for the XXV JEF Europe European Congress will be selected on October 21st during our next Federal Committee Meeting!
We are therefore launching the call for bids to host the European Congress in 2019. Please disseminate the call with your sections.
Please see below, what is needed to host the most important statutory event.
· Team of Volunteers - depending on capacities and know-how (10-20 people)
· Strong project and event management capacities (major events organised in the past)
· Finding HOTELS and VENUES (preferably Congress Centers that offer both in order to avoid buffer times)
· Proposing Catering (all meals from Friday lunch to Sunday lunch included) and Coffee Breaks
· Proposing a draft budget
- 2-3 Night Accommodation, Venue rental, Equipment, Meals
- on the income side: 50 EUR Delegate fee (about 100 official delegates), 80 EUR Observer fee (between 60 and 100 observers)
- co-funding by JEF Europe and by the host section (in cash or in-kind) is to be discussed
· List of Transport Options (to the hosting city, from the airport to the hotel, venue etc. with different means of transportation)
· Social programme (official event, etc)
· Proposal of a communication plan and tools
· Timeline of the preparation of the event (Secretariat will assist you on that)
· Look for Fundraising opportunities/Sponsorship/Co-Funding/Donations
· Coordination to be assured by Local Head of Team on the ground (from your section) and the Secretary General
The bid should include:
· All relevant logistic information (venues, accommodation, catering, local transport, international transport options, social programme)
· A detailed, balanced and realistic budget
· A brief presentation of the team
· A brief risk assessment
Provisional Deadline: 27 August 2018
Final Deadline for submitting applications: 21 September 2018
Please note that the Congress applications require careful examination by the Secretariat and the Executive Board. We therefore strongly encourage you to submit your applications on time. The provisional deadline is set before the 3rd Executive Board meeting of JEF Europe.
For your convenience, you can find:
- the winning bid for EUCO2015, proposed by the Young European Swiss (JEF Switzerland)
- the website of the event
- the winning bid for EuCo2017, proposed by JEF Malta
- the website of the event
These documents may serve as guide and support to your application.
The Federal Committee in Stockholm/Turku in 21st of October 2018 will decide upon the bid and the section that will have the chance to host our most important event.
Please send the bids before the deadline to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to contact the Secretariat of JEF Europe (email@example.com) to receive support in the process.