We are launching the call for bids to host the Spring Federal Committee Meeting in 2021! The hosting section will be decided upon by a vote at the FC Meeting in Hamburg (April 3 -5, 2020).
Please see what is needed to host our statutory event and disseminate the call with your sections. As a first step, we ask you to prepare a bid. Guidelines can be found below.
What are the hosting section selection criteria?
- Your section has a team of volunteers of around 5 - 10 people (depending on capacities and know-how).
- Your section has strong project and event management capacities (including previous experience in organizing major events).
What is needed for the FC meeting?
- Find hotels and venues (preferably congress centers that offer both in order to avoid buffer times).
- Organize 2-3 night accommodation, venue rental and equipment.
- Propose catering (all meals from Friday lunch to Sunday lunch included) and coffee break options.
- Prepare a list of transport options (to the hosting city, from the airport to the hotel, venue etc.).
- Create social programme.
- Set up a timeline for the preparation of the event (the JEF Europe Secretariat will assist you with this).
- Assure that coordination on ground will be taken care of by a local head of team from your section and the Secretary General.
- Look for fundraising opportunities/sponsorship/co-funding/donations.
- Set the following fees: 50 EUR delegate fee (about 40 official delegates) and 80 EUR observer fee (between 50 and 60 observers).
- Co-funding by JEF Europe and by the hosting section (in cash or in-kind) is to be discussed.
- JEF Europe prioritizes accessibility and inclusion when organizing events. Please note this when selecting locations and modes of transportation.
What should the bid include?
- All relevant logistics information (venues, accommodation, catering, local transport, international transport options and social programme)
- A detailed, balanced and realistic budget
- A brief presentation of the team
- A brief risk assessment