The goal of JEF is the creation of a democratic European federation as a crucial ingredient for peace, a guarantee for a more free, just and democratic society and a first step towards a world federation. JEF promotes true European Citizenship, works for the widening and deepening of the EU and strives for a more just and integrated society on the European continent. It is independent from all political parties and ideologies and pursues its objectives autonomously. Nevertheless, the organisation can of course participate in the exchange of opinions and experiences with political movements, public institutions, associations and the general public.
JEF aims at bringing Europe closer to the Citizens and the Citizens closer to Europe. To this end, the organisation aspires to develop a better understanding of European Federalism, advances the implementation of the federalist ideals and concentrates its action on the achievement of international democracy and efficient, democratic and transparent decision-making through respect for federal principles in Europe and beyond.
...plenty of activities all across the continent!
JEF presents to its members the ideal combination of "Politics & Fun" designing a wide variety of activities, such as international exchanges, campaigns and pan-European actions, for a new and stronger European Union that is able to rise to the cross-border challenges of our interconnected societies. We dream of an increasingly united Europe, based on the principles of democracy, human rights, the rule of law, subsidiarity and civic participation and thus organise our events from this angle. Check out our Calendar regularly and subscribe to the JEF-INFO Newsletter!
How do we spread our ideas?
- Campaigns to lobby over a longer period of time for a specific federalist cause;
- Street actions mobilising the entire network to raise awareness of burning European issues among the general public;
- International events such as seminars and trainings on a wide range of topics in different EU and non-EU countries;
- A multilingual, interactive webzine thenewfederalist.eu where youth can voice its opinion in articles on current European affairs;
- Projects that implement a specific goal and for which specific funding was received;
- Press releases for the advocacy of our objectives towards both public and private organisations.
Consequently, the organisation encourages debate on European affairs and EU policies while fostering youth mobility and exchanges throughout the continent. JEF thus advocates for a culture of active youth participation and volunteering in Europe and draws on methods of intercultural learning and understanding. Working towards bridging the democratic deficit in the EU, the organisation seeks to involve European Citizens, in particular young people, from all across the continent in the process of European integration.
So, are you interested in getting involved and shape the Europe of tomorrow? Well then, join JEF!